Friday, June 4, 2010

18 Week Survey

How Far Along? 18 weeks

Maternity Clothes? Yes and I am going to be buying a bigger size in tops and dresses. My belly is huge which makes me really happy since I am growing two healthy babies in there.

Stretch Marks? Some but not too many. I think they are old ones. I just pray I don't get too many new ones and that the old ones don't get worse ;). Wishful thinking I know.

Sleep? I am finding that I don't need as much as I did the first trimester and am not as tired at night as I was before. I don't sleep great as I have to adjust a lot and put pillows different places for comfort. I usually get to sleep about 8 hours on and off.

Best Moment of the Week? Wearing a maternity bathing suit ;) JK. I did really enjoy our beach trip. I kept thinking, "This time next year, we will have 2 7-8 month olds with us. Boy that will be different."

Genders? Don't know yet. We find out today actually. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I am going with two of the same. Lee and Luke are going one of each (as are a lot of people). I will update ASAP.

Belly Button In or Out? In, but gradually coming out of hiding.

Cravings? Water, fruit, meat, hearty meals (I don't truly crave stuff much, but just enjoy eating most foods)

What I Miss? Being comfortable - I tend to have some ache a lot, but it is so worth it.

What I Love? Growing these precious babies.

What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? Finding out the genders today and seeing the babies and what they look like and their growth over the past 6 weeks. I am also looking forward to planning more as we will know what they are - nursery, registry, etc.

Milestones? 18 weeks - 1/2 way there as twins come between 34-38 weeks (taking an average of 36 weeks).

Feeling the Babies Move? Yes. I got a nice kick in the ribs from Baby B this week. It was funny. Baby A seems to be more active (or I am feeling him/her more) now than Baby B. I felt Baby B a lot more before.

Other Thoughts? I am super excited that as I write this, my appointment is 6 hours away.

Prayer Requests? Same as always, health and safety for me and the babies, a full-term gestation, a safe delivery, and a great transition to a bigger family with 2 newborns. I also ask for prayer that I stay in control of my emotions and don't complain too much as I get more and more uncomfortable each day. It's tough at times carrying two, but I know the reward is 1 million times greater than any struggle. To God be all the glory for this double miracle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment