So there are the obvious annoyances (and even pains) of pregnancy (ie going to the bathroom every 30 minutes, tossing and turning at night, stomach stretching pains, etc), but I have to say that I truly believe the perks outweigh the not-so-fun things.
The Perks of Pregnancy:
* Well the number one perk is the baby (babies) obviously. At the end of what feels like the longest 9 months (give or take) of your life, you get a baby (babies) that will forever change your life. I personally feel if there was nothing else, this would be the only perk necessary. If not, women wouldn't keep doing this ;)
* You always get a seat (or the best seat). When you waddle into a room, people jump out of their chairs to offer you one (or at least they should).
* You can eat without guilt. Of course you might pay for that one at the end, but in general people don't look at you funny when you go for seconds (or thirds) or eat every hour.
* You can sleep/rest without guilt. No one looks at you funny when you go to bed at 8pm or want to take a nap everyday.
* People do things for you (especially heavy lifting things). When I go to the grocery store, I don't mind letting someone take my groceries to the car for me. I don't mind having my husband unload the car or carry laundry baskets for me. It's nice having help without feeling bad.
* You can have food you crave. Again, you might pay for it in the end (especially if your cravings are sweets or fried foods as most pregnant women's are), but it's nice to eat those cheese fries once in a while without getting funny looks.
* You get the experience of growing a life inside of you. Again like having the baby, this is one of the best perks. Feeling them kick and move and knowing that each day they are growing and getting stronger and healthier is awesome. It's the greatest experience in my opinion. I am so glad I get to experience it (at least two times).