Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Surprise Doctor's Appointment

Well today around noon I started having Braxton Hicks contractions and pain in my stomach. After almost two hours, I figured I should call my doctor. I figured they would say, "Everything is okay, just lay down, and drink water." Nope, they wanted me to come in right away. That got me a little concerned, but I know that God has His hands on me and the babies. I got my prayer warriors praying and headed to the office.

They checked my cervix and it was closed and very, very thick. They also did a non-stress test (NST) for about an hour in which they monitored the babies heartbeats, movements, and if I had contractions. They had the same strong heartbeats, moved the whole time, and I didn't have any contractions (or at least nothing they seemed concerned about). The hardest part was keeping Luke entertained for the duration.

She told me that any discomfort I have (ie groin pain, pelvic pain, leg pain) is completely normal with a subsequent pregnancy and with multiples. YAY! ;) She also said if I get Braxton Hicks contractions to lay down and drink a lot of water and see if they get better/worse. If worse, I am to call.

So everything looks really good. I am looking good for not having pre-term labor. YAY! I am really praying that no matter how uncomfortable I have to be that I can make it to 37-38 weeks and have healthy, hearty babies. I appreciate everyone's prayers. I know they are working. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything is ok! And that the twins are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christia. It was a little scary, but I know God is in control and He will keep them in His hands. I am super happy to know that things are actually going really well. Nice reassurance.

    ReplyDelete