Friday, July 2, 2010

22 Week Survey

How Far Along? 22 weeks

Maternity Clothes? Yes. I am hoping I can make it up to 16 more weeks without having to wear a tent.

Stretch Marks? Yes, but they seems to be light and possibly residual.

Sleep? Sleep is getting a little more challenging in that I have to work hard to find a comfy spot and when I do it doesn't last for too long. I have to flip my body pillow, my body, and figure out the right alignment for my hips and legs. Then about 30 minutes later I have to readjust. Not to mention the bathroom breaks at night. I feel tired most days as I don't get enough good, long sleep at night. I take a nap if I need it, but mostly just rest from Luke's naptime until bedtime most days.

Best Moment of the Week? It started out not so good. On Tuesday I had Braxton Hicks contractions and pain in my stomach. I called the doctor and the recommended that I come in. They checked my cervix and it was closed and very, very thick (didn't appear to have changed in almost 4 weeks). GREAT NEWS! Then I had an NST (non-stress test) where they listened to the babies' heartbeats and movement and checked for contractions. The babies heartbeats and movements were perfect and strong and I didn't have any contractions. It was nice to get reassurance that I might make it for the long haul.

Genders? Baby A is a boy (Nathan Reid) and Baby B is a girl (Alexis Faith). I am really excited about having one of each. I think they will be individuals (or at least perceived more as individuals) than same gender twins. I would see them as different people with different personalities and giftings, but I think people would be more likely to group them and compare them if they were the same gender.

Belly Button In or Out? In but coming out more each day.

Cravings? Water, ice, apples, bananas, milk, yogurt, smoothies, Bagel Bites, and cherry pie.

What I Miss? Sleeping all night and feeling rested. Not feeling so uncomfortable. Being my usual self - productive, organized, clean, active.

What I Love? Growing our precious babies. Feeling them move. Getting to know them before they are even born. Eating and resting without guilt. Being able to prioritize what I need to get done. Being able to say "no" without guilt - a big one for me.

What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? Celebrating Independence Day. Lee having off 5 days from work. Going to the beach. Relaxing at the beach since Lee will be able to help with Luke 24 hours a day for 5 days. Lee only having to work 2 days next week then having the weekend again. Growing babies. Eating ;)

Milestones? I don't really know of any real milestones, but it just feels good to make it to 22 weeks without any changes in me and the babies are doing well. I think we are going to make it to the very end. :)

Feeling the Babies Move? Oh yeah!!! They move all the time (except when I am moving around - I think that lulls them to sleep). I can feel both at the same time all the time. My stomach bounces with their movements. I think Nathan is a little higher up now so his movements are a little more comfortable. So far no one is in my ribs so the movements are pretty fun and comfortable.

Other Thoughts? I am just really looking forward to this month. We are going to the beach for 5 days, having 2 more ultrasounds, getting the nursery ready, and having our baby showers. It's going to be a fun, busy month. It will be nice to be starting the 3rd trimester with so much done. I am getting excited and anxious to meet our babies in 3ish months.

Prayer Requests? Please just continue to pray for the babies' and my health during this pregnancy. Pray that they babies grow as big and healthy as they can and I can carry them as long as possible (praying for 37-38 weeks). Please pray that I be as comfortable as possible. I would also love prayer for myself because I have struggled with accepting that I can't do certain things and must rely on others to help me. It's actually really hard for me as I am a productive and very do-it-myself person. Please pray for my hormones to stay in check and to keep a positive attitude through this pregnancy, but most importantly that I depend on the Lord whenever I feel scared or upset or "woe is me". He is the only one who can really get me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment