Thursday, July 8, 2010

Less Than 100 Days Left & Update

Okay, so assuming I was to have the babies at 37 weeks which is what I heard would be probably be my scheduled c-section if I went that far, I am officially less than 100 days from meeting the babies. Of course if we can go a week longer, I would be all about it. They could come earlier which I am praying they don't. Either way, it feels good to be 14ish weeks away from meeting Nathan and Alexis.

We just got home from our annual 4th of July Family Beach Trip. It was so much fun. We left Friday night and got home Wednesday night. Lee decided to save a couple of vacation days in case we wanted to get away again in August. We went to the Webber Beach Cottage at Topsail Island, NC. It was great. We got to visit with family, eat some good food, play on the beach, go mini golfing, and just enjoyed some family fun with no worries of the real world. It was awesome. I managed an hour or two on the beach a couple of days, but some days I was only able to do a half-hour before I was overheated and exhausted. It was cool because I could go right back in the house and they could stay on the beach. It worked really well and I didn't have to feel bad for holding them back from going on the beach.

While we were there, I popped out some more. It seems like it happens overnight even though I know it probably doesn't. My stomach is getting huge. I haven't gained much weight but I think all of it is going to my stomach (not a bad thing). I will be posting my 23 week belly shot tomorrow so you can judge for yourself.

I am getting a lot more uncomfortable. If I sit in one position too long, my groin/pelvic/tailbone area hurts. If I lay on one side too long, one or both of my hip regions hurts (sometimes my stomach hurts). I can't lay on my back or my stomach obviously. It is getting harder to go up and down stairs and I have to get dressed sitting down since I have a pelvic issue. Overall, discomfort is the name of the game, but it is totally worth it for these healthy babies.

I feel the babies moving all the time now. My stomach bounces and I see something poking out at times. It's the best part of being pregnant (minus having the babies in the end). I love feeling them move and grow. It's amazing. It makes all the discomfort so worth it. Lee enjoys watching and feeling my belly.

I am really blessed that my husband is so understanding of and accommodating to my discomfort/needs. He is always willing to get me stuff, run errands for me, go with me places to help me out, doesn't let me lift anything, and will rub my aching areas anytime I need it. It makes it so much easier to go through this double pregnancy. I am very thankful to him. I am also thankful that I have him because he is my partner and I know that we are a team so when the babies come, he will be there for me, Luke, and the babies and do anything he can to make everything better.

I am blessed beyond measure that God has given me Lee, Luke, a supportive family, tons of great friends, and now this awesome multiple blessing. I can't even put it all into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment