Friday, August 6, 2010

27 Week Survey

How Far Along? 27 weeks!!! Done with the 2nd trimester, entering the 3rd trimester!!!

Maternity Clothes? Yes. I am glad I have managed to find some cute things to cover my babies mountain (it's not a bump anymore) ;)

Stretch Marks? Some, but they aren't too bad (yet).

Sleep? I generally get about 8 hours of sleep minus the bathroom breaks and adjusting. I have to sit up to lay on the other side as I can no longer roll over from one side to the other. ;)

Best Moment of the Week? My babies showers this weekend were awesome. We got to see so many family and friends and got some great things for the babies. It's getting more real when I see their boy/girl, twin things (ie matching highchairs, umbrella strollers, and Bumbos).

Genders? Baby A is a boy (Nathan Reid) and Baby B is a girl (Alexis Faith). It's really fun getting boy/girl stuff. I thought I would enjoy buying/getting for same gender twins, but it's really fun getting pink and blue and specific things for each baby.

Belly Button In or Out? It's officially out, but not freakishly so (yet).

Cravings? Water, ice, apples, grapes, peaches, milk, yogurt, cheese, mac-n-cheese, pizza, bacon cheese fries with homemade ranch dressing, hearty meals.

What I Miss? Being comfortable. Being able to do things I normally do without being completely sore or exhausted.

What I Love? Growing two healthy babies. Feeling them move all the time. Looking forward to their arrival.

What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? Going to the beach this weekend. Lee only having to work three days next week. My mom is taking Luke Thursday night through Sunday night so we can get the nursery finished and have some couple time.

Milestones? 27 weeks/end of the 2nd trimester/beginning of the 3rd trimester. We "officially" have 10 weeks to go if I make it to 37 weeks.

Feeling the Babies Move? Oh yeah. They are either boxing or synchronized swimming all the time ;)

Other Thoughts? I am just really excited.

Prayer Requests? Please just continue to pray for my health and safety during the pregnancy. Please pray that I can make it 10 more weeks (at least 9 more weeks so they will be full-term) longer. Please pray for a healthy, safe delivery and recovery. Please pray for me to be as comfortable as possible for the duration. The biggest prayer request is for the transition to having two newborns. I am overthinking everything and need to remember to give it all to God, daily surrender, and remember to just relax and focus on things as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment