Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gestational Diabetes?

Well my nurse called me today and told me that I failed the 1 hour glucose screening. I needed less than 135 to pass and I got a 135 (imagine that). So, I am going to have to go in for the 3 hour glucose screening. I am going on Tuesday morning at 8:00am. I am not allowed to eat or drink after midnight (including water), can't brush my teeth that morning (how lovely), and have to wait three hours and have my blood drawn three times. YAY!!! Doesn't that sound fun? I have a feeling I might be hitting the closest fast food joint as soon as I am done. ;)

The good news is that my nurse seemed pretty sure I would pass the 3 hour test. The other good news is that even if I have it, it's really manageable and I only have about 6 1/2 weeks left before the babies are born to have to deal with it. I am really just praying that I don't have it. I appreciate your prayers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment