Friday, August 20, 2010

29 Week Survey

How Far Along? 29 weeks

Maternity Clothes? Still able to wear the same pants I've been wearing since 8 weeks, but my shirts are getting snug. I think I might have to make another trip to Destination Maternity soon.

Stretch Marks? Yes, cocoa butter is now on my nighttime routine.

Best Moment of the Week? Getting the nursery pretty much done last week. Lee hung the letters, put up the valences, and put up most of the decorations. I got all of the stuff fromour showers laundered and put away. Laying in bed last night watching the babies move (especially Alexis) with Lee. I see it all the time, but he was amazed at how much they are moving. I loved feeling his hand on my belly as our babies move around. His face was priceless.

Genders? Baby A is a boy (Nathan Reid) and Baby B is a girl (Alexis Faith). As I go through baby stuff, I think it is fun having blue and pink coordinating things. My favorite things so far are their coordinating robes and towels, clothes, Bumbos (one pink and one blue), umbrella strollers, and their seahorses. It is precious.

Belly Button In or Out? Out, and very, very sensitive.

Cravings? Water, ice, apples, Bagel Bites, Eggo waffles (at least this week - they were a super good deal last week), heartier meals.

What I Miss? Being comfortable. Being able to get up and down or roll over with no problem. Being cool (as in not always so hot). Shaving my legs without pain in my stomach. Bending over in general without pain in my stomach. Sleeping through the night (have a feeling that one will take a while to get back to). Going places (I am not allowed to travel now and going places pretty much wears me out). Getting on the floor and playing with Luke. Getting everything done I normally would get done (cleaning, laundry, cooking, projects). Eating without feeling full in five bites. Normal stomach digestion. ;)

What I Love? Growing two healthy babies. Feeling them moving in my tummy. Watching Lee and Luke enjoy watching/feeling the babies move. Being able to eat, rest, and sleep without guilt. Spending a lot of down time with my family. Knowing the babies will be here in 8 weeks. I am really excited to finally meet them.

What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? Finishing up the nursery decor. Growing the babies. Spending time with Lee and Luke. Resting, relaxing, sleeping, and eating.

Milestones? None that are real milestones, but I guess hitting 29 weeks with no problems is a great milestone. I can't believe next week I will be 30 weeks. Seems unreal.

Feeling the Babies Move? All the time. Alexis is higher and I feel her and see her moving a lot. I think she pushes on Nathan and he doesn't have as much room to move. When I lay on my side, he goes nuts. I think that takes pressure off of him. I love feeling them move. Sometimes Alexis' movements hurt as my stomach is tight and hard, but I still love it. It reassures me that I have two strong, healthy babies in there.

Other Thoughts? I am just really excited that we are in the home stretch. I can't wait to meet these babies (when they are full term of course). I am getting a little anxious when I think too much about what is going to happen (even though I really can't know everything as I have never had a 2nd let alone 2nd and 3rd baby). I am not really nervous about the c-section (well not yet) or even the recovery (even though I know it won't be fun), but am more nervous about getting two babies home, feeding them, taking care of them, and getting them to sleep on some sort of schedule like Luke did (so our lives can be somewhat normal) in addition to all of the other things I do. I know that God will provide (so far I have at least 5 weeks of constant everyday help, meals will be provided by our church, and Lee is always there 1000%), but I get nervous when I think of myself doing it all. I need to pray that I surrender it all to God on a daily basis. He alone is the only one who can really be there with me all the time. Please pray for me as well.

Prayer Requests? Please just continue to pray for my health and safety during the pregnancy, for two healthy full-term babies, a great delivery and recovery, and a smooth transition when we are home. Like I said above, please pray that I will surrender myself and our family to God each day and depend on Him to help me. Please pray that I don't try to be SuperMom and do it on my own as I know that if I do, I will most certainly fail. I appreciate your prayers more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment