Monday, August 30, 2010

30 Week Doctor's Appointment

Today I had my 30 week check-up. I am 30 1/2 weeks. I can't believe it! The check-up went great. Even though at home the scale said the same as it did 2 1/2 weeks ago, the scale at the doctor's office indicated a couple pounds gained. Either way, I am good with that. I am hoping to gain 1 - 1/2 pounds each week until I deliver, but the main thing is eating pretty good and staying satisfied. My blood pressure was perfect which makes me really happy because blood pressure being elevated can be cause for concern at this point (or any point really).

I am measuring 38 weeks which is totally normal. Most twin pregnancies carry 4-8 weeks bigger than a singleton. The babies' heartbeats were 130s/140s. Alexis moved a lot (as usual) during the doppler check and it was funny to hear it on the machine. She is going to be my wild woman I believe. She said that Nathan is low and to the right and Alexis is high and to the left.

I go on Friday for an ultrasound to check their growth and my cervix. I am thinking they will each be at least 3 1/2 pounds and that my cervix will be great. I also go back in 2 weeks for a check-up. At that appointment we will schedule my c-section even though I might not make it to that date. She did say if things keep going good, I can possibly make it to 38 weeks. I am good with that. The longer they gestate the better. 36 weeks is full-term for twins, but as anyone knows, each day/week helps. I want some big babies.

She did tell me to keep an eye out for anything "that didn't feel right." I asked what she meant and she gave me a list of things to watch out for.

I am really believing we will make it at least 36 weeks and probably longer. As long as the babies keep growing and I stay good, we can go longer. :) I am hoping for longer. Please join me in praying for a full-term (preferably longer) gestation. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment