Friday, September 3, 2010

31 Week Survey

How Far Along? 31 weeks

Maternity Clothes? Oh yeah. I bought some new stuff last week in a bigger size for Autumn. I am wondering if I will even need jeans or long sleeves since I am always hot. I am keeping the tags on and the receipt. ;)

Stretch Marks? Yes, but they aren't as bad as I thought they would be.

Sleep? It's harder to sleep, but I am still getting a good amount. I rest a lot to compensate.

Best Moment of the Week? Seeing the babies on the ultrasound today. They are growing like crazy (Alexis is almost 4 pounds and Nathan is almost 5 pounds). My cervix is awesome. I think we are going to make it to 38 weeks.

Genders? Baby A is a boy (Nathan Reid) and Baby B is a girl (Alexis Faith). I am super excited about having one of each. Luke is going to love it.

Belly Button In or Out? Out

Cravings? Water, ice, apples, tortilla chips and salsa, pizza, pretty much anything at any point. I can't eat as much now as I am running out of room.

What I Miss? Comfort. Doing things at my normal pace.

What I Love? Growing two healthy, hearty babies. Feeling them move. All the baby stuff.

What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? Labor Day weekend. Enjoying an extra day with Lee off from work. Finishing up the nursery and some other stuff for the babies.

Milestones? Making it to 31 weeks with a completely closed, thick, and 5cm long cervix. No bed rest!!!

Feeling the Babies Move? Oh yeah. They are wild.

Other Thoughts? I am just so thankful to make it this far without a problem. I am so happy they are so big and healthy. I can't wait to meet them (at the right time).

Prayer Requests? Please just continue to pray for a safe, healthy, full-term pregnancy, a safe delivery and "easy" recovery, healthy, hearty babies, and a smooth transition at home.

Today when I heard the measurements - 4lbs 13oz and 3lbs 14oz - I thought of Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" and Philippians 3:14 - "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Perfect verses for this time (and all times) in my life. I can only do this with Christ's strength in me. I am so thankful for that. I am going to press on toward the goal focusing on Christ Jesus the whole time. He alone will sustain me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment