Friday, September 17, 2010

33 Week Survey

How Far Along? 33 weeks, no more than 5 weeks to go (Luke showed me how he only has to count on one hand this morning - how cute)

Maternity Clothes? I am getting more and more nervous that I am not going to be able to go out in public soon. I have some 3X maternity shirts (long sleeve - I didn't think I would need them and if I did it would be at the very end). Luckily I have only had to go up one pants size since the tummy panel got too tight. ;) If I can't find something to wear, I guess I'll stay home in a mumu. ;)

Stretch Marks? Yes, but not as bad as I would have thought. I do itch all over them which I think is worse than the physical marks.

Sleep? What is sleep? JK. Well kind of. I have gotten so big that I get uncomfortable laying on either side. I have to roll over (which is not a pretty sight) all night to try to get comfy for a second. I usually end up rolling over again pretty quickly as the pulling of the tummy makes the other side hurt. Alexis puts her foot in my ribs at night which is about as fun as it sounds. In addition to the multiple bathroom visits, sleep has become less and less. I told Lee that by the time the babies come, I might actually get more sleep since they will get up (hopefully) every 3 hours and right now I get up way more than that. We'll see.

Best Moment of the Week? My baby shower last weekend. My awesome mother-in-law had a shower for her family and it was a lot of fun. The food was delish, we had a great time hanging out, and I got some great things (mostly diapers and wipes which we need) for the babies.

Genders? Baby A is a boy (Nathan Reid) and Baby B is a girl (Alexis Faith). I got a funny comment, "Well at least you will be able to tell them apart." Very true. ;)

Belly Button In or Out? Out and Lee told me this week that it looks "freaky". Thanks hun!

Cravings? Lately I have really had a lot of cravings. In addition to the things I normally like, this week I have craved sweets (doughnuts, homemade chocolate chip cookies, sweet potato casserole). I gave into the cookies and sweet potato casserole (everything in moderation, right?) but not the doughnuts. I am also craving my usual bacon cheese fries (had that once this week) and pizza (yep, had that). ;) I have also been craving grilled cheese and tomato soup. I really try to watch how much I eat and when more than what I eat (even though I try to eat somewhat healthy). I watch the scale because I don't want to gain too much. I think as of today, I am up 29 pounds. I am good with that since I am trying to not gain more than 35 and I have no more than 5 weeks to go.

What I Miss? Comfort. Sleep. Eating without heartburn. Going all the time. Getting all of my to-do list done.

What I Love? Growing these babies. It's a miracle and I am thankful to God everyday that He has given us these precious gifts. I can't wait to meet them in 5 (or less) weeks. I am really enjoying getting things ready for them. I love all the doting I will admit. Lee massages me, scratches me, and gets me anything I need. I am not going to complain about that part. ;)

What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? Getting Luke's Fall clothes (one thing off my list), Luke's Big Sibling class Saturday (I can't wait to see what he learns), seeing my mom and granny tomorrow for lunch (I haven't seen them in a month since I can't travel), getting the nursery decor done, packing my hospital bag (just in case - hoping I don't need it again for a few more weeks), and growing the babies.

Milestones? Making it to 33 weeks without too many issues. I did have to go to Labor and Delivery twice this week with contractions, but they were non cervix changing contractions. I just have to rest, hydrate more, and take Procardia (contraction stopping medicine) until 37 weeks. I am thankful that we haven't had bedrest or any other issues so far.

Feeling the Babies Move? Oh yeah. They are wild just like big brother. They move all the time. It was funny when they had to monitor them. They both kept kicking and "running away" from it.

Other Thoughts? I am just really thankful for these blessings and can't wait to meet them.

Prayer Requests? Please just continue to pray for a full-term pregnancy, smooth delivery and recovery, healthy babies, and a great transition to having 3 kids, especially 2 newborns. Please also pray that I am not too uncomfortable and even if I am to keep a good attitude and remember that it's all worth it. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment