Monday, September 13, 2010

32 Week Doctor's Appointment

I had my 32 week doctor's appointment today and it went great. I gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks for 28 total which I am very happy with since I have 5 1/2 weeks to go (if I make it to my 38 week c-section) and am aiming to gain 30-35 pounds. My blood pressure was great. I got the flu shot. I measured 40 weeks so I grew 2 weeks in 2 weeks. I am glad I am not measuring more than 8 weeks ahead. I guess that means if I get to 38 weeks, I'll look 46 weeks pregnant. ;) The babies heartbeats were great - don't know the exact numbers, but Alexis' heartbeat was faster than Nathan's.

We talked about what happened on Saturday and she said she really thinks I was just dehydrated since I responded to the medicine and fluids and have been fine Sunday. I am not on modified bedrest anymore (PRAISE THE LORD!) I will be taking it easier and definitely hydrating so I don't have another incident. She seems confident I will make it since my cervix is as good as it can be even for a non-pregnant woman. I really hope so.

That being said, we talked about my scheduled c-section. I asked for her input and we went through all the scenarios. Both babies are head down so I could attempt a VBAC if they stay that way. She gave me all of the possibilities - 1) I could labor and have a successful VBAC, 2) I could labor and have no progress, 3) I could have one baby vaginally and one c-section if they both didn't cooperate, or 4) I could just go ahead and have the c-section. Since I was in labor with Luke for 26 hours and was jacked up on pitocin and never dialated past 5cm (even though that doesn't mean I couldn't labor easily this time) and I've had a c-section and know what to expect, I am going to go ahead with a c-section (even if I do go in labor on my own). I am not down with being in labor for a day, having a c-section anyways, or having both a vaginal delivery and c-section. She seemed to think that was a good choice.

My next checkup will be in 2 1/2 weeks on October 1st (Friday). I will be having another growth ultrasound that day. I can't wait to see the babies again. It's crazy to think that the next time I go, I will be 3 weeks from my scheduled c-section date. It's going faster now even though some days (and nights) feel really long.

No comments:

Post a Comment