Friday, September 3, 2010

31 Week Ultrasound

I went for my 31 week ultrasound. It was awesome. I love seeing the babies. Both babies are head down so all of those times I've been feeling Alexis, it's been both of them kicking me (that explains a lot). She measured them, listened to their heartbeats, got some pictures, and checked my cervix.

Alexis weighs 3lbs 14oz, has a heartbeat of 141, and looks perfect. She is measuring 10 days ahead of the average singleton (3lbs 5oz) at 31 weeks. She gained roughly 2 pounds in the past 6 weeks.

Nathan weighs 4lbs 13oz, has a heartbeat of 134, and looks perfect. He is measuring 24 days ahead of the average singleton (3lbs 5oz) at 31 weeks. He gained roughly 3 pounds in the past 6 weeks.

I am happy to know that of the 6 pounds I've gained in the past 6 weeks, 5 of them were the babies. ;)

She checked my cervix and it was 5cm long, very thick, and closed. This is as good as it can be which is great because it means no pre-term labor issues and no bed rest. I am praying I stay closed, thick, and long the whole time, especially since I will be having a c-section anyways. I don't need to dialate.

So the doctor called me a couple of hours later and told me that they are perfect and I am good at growing big, healthy babies (Luke was a 9 pounder). We are going to plan a repeat c-section for 38 weeks. I am hoping to do it Friday, October 22nd, with my doctor. Of course I could have the babies before that, but I really hope they stay put until at least 36 weeks.

I am just so thankful for these blessings. Each time I see them, hear their heartbeats, and feel them move, I feel overwhelmed with thanksgiving. God has truly blessed us beyond measure. I am grateful for all of the prayers because I know that prayer is powerful and God hears and answers them. So far everything is perfect and I just pray it stays that way and we deliver hearty, healthy babies at term.

No comments:

Post a Comment