Friday, May 7, 2010

14 Week Survey

How Far Along? 14 weeks

Maternity Clothes? Oh yeah. I am hoping to wear what I have a while longer as long as only my stomach gets bigger (you have to love that super stretchy tummy area).

Stretch Marks? Yes, old and possibly some new

Sleep? I am definitely tired around 10:00 at night and pretty much can sleep anytime I lay down. I don't get great sleep at night since I get uncomfortable very quickly. My hips and sidess will hurt from the weight of my already expanding stomach. I get up to go to the bathroom a few times at night. I find myself sleeping extra in the mornings.

Best Moment of the Week? Buying our first official twin thing - our double stroller. It's great. We are going to take it out of the box and make sure everything is in there and that the baby carriers (almost 5 years old) fit it (they are supposed to). I'll take a picture and share it. It was fun to purchase something so "twiny".

Genders? We don't know yet. I hope they will do an ultrasound at my 17 week check-up in 3 weeks and let me know. Either way we will schedule the "big ultrasound" from that appointment so we should know in the next 4-8 weeks (hoping for 4) ;) I have been thinking more about it being a boy and a girl lately, but I am going to go with two girls still. ;)

Belly Button In or Out? In

Cravings? Water, Apples, Bananas, Smoothies, Veggies, Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Bagel Bites

Aversions? Peanut Butter, Fish, Sweets

What I Miss? Sleeping through the night (I guess it is preparation for when the babies get here), not having to go to the bathroom all the time, shaving without a big tummy in the way (that is only going to get more interesting), and being able to run and do things I would normally do with Luke.

What I Love? The experience of a twin pregnancy (no matter the ups, downs, and hormones). I enjoy eating without guilt, sleeping without guilt, and resting with my feet up without guilt. I love that God blessed me with this, my husband is so loving and helpful, and my son and I are getting lots of time together since we don't go places as much.

What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? Going through the baby stuff, making a list of what we have, making a list of what we need, and (hopefully) planning the nursery. Eating, resting, sleeping, and enjoying my pregnancy now that I am no longer sick.

Milestones? Being able to (actually having to) eat and finally gaining some weight. It makes me feel better and I know the babies are getting some good stuff everyday.

Feeling the Babies Move? Yes. I can't wait to feel them even more.

Other Thoughts? I am hungry almost all the time. I have to eat something every hour or two and am starving for dinner around 5:00pm. I like being at home so I can eat anytime and almost anything I want. I have to eat snacks and mini-meals between meals. I even wake up to go to the bathroom and am hungry, but so far I just go back to sleep. There may come a time I need a snack in the middle of the night. ;)

Prayer Requests? Please just keep praying for my health during pregnancy, the babies to grow healthfully, safety during the pregnancy, a great delivery and recovery for mommy and babies, and that we will be able to bring them home quickly and transition well from one almost five year old to one almost five year old and two newborns. Please pray that we glorify God in this whole experience, as He is the one who has blessed us and watches over us every second of everyday. To Him be all the glory, honor, and praise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment