Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2nd Trimester Energy :)

It has been a rough almost 10 weeks having no energy, being tired at 8:00pm, and being sick most days. Well I am happy that I think that I am finally getting some of that 2nd trimester energy that I've been reading and hearing about. It's a good thing because we have a lot to get accomplished before my 28th week.

What's the big deal about the 28th week? Well, (and not that I am assuming any of this will happen) twin pregnancies tend to require bedrest more than a singleton pregnancy (could be full bedrest or modified) and either way, I know I will be huge and won't want to run around doing things and totally wear myself out. Also, with twin pregnancies, you never know what will happen in the last trimester. Some women have their babies earlier than they planned.

I am praying they are full-term and we have zero issues requiring hospital trips or bedrest, but like everyone knows, I like to be prepared. With Luke we were ready for him to arrive a month ahead, so I figure with two we out to be ready 2 months ahead.

What are the big things we need to get done?
As soon as we find out the genders, paint, decorate, and set-up everything in the nursery. We will also have any showers we have and get all the baby stuff put together and set-up in it's various locations. We will need to launder and put away all the baby clothes. We will try to have the rest of our house organized and do anything that will aid in having two newborns around the house. I will be making a huge list eventually, but basically we need to have everything ready (for my peace of mind) by the 28th week.

I am just hoping and praying that this energy continues at least 14 more weeks. My plan is to work as much as I can and take rest breaks for 30 minutes at a time. I don't want to overdo it. It does feel really good to feel like my "normal" organized and clean-freak self.

No comments:

Post a Comment