Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to the Potty I Go

As any pregnant woman can tell you, one of the biggest "symptoms" of pregnancy is having to go to the bathroom a lot. I go to the bathroom a lot when I am not pregnant, and went double that when I was pregnant with Luke, and this time (I kid you not) at least four times as what I do normally (not to mention getting up a few times at night). It can be frustrating at times as you have to get up and go, stop when traveling (or even just running errands), and go nearly everytime you walk into a store (or a few times if you are there more than 15 minutes).

Here are some anecdotes from this experience:

One night I joked with Lee that I needed to have a catheter put in to save me from going all the time and having to get up at night. He joked back, "I think you should get some 'Ooops I Crapped My Pants'" (it was a commercial on MadTV or SNL). I said, "So you want me to just sit in my own feces all the time?" I know that is maybe too much information, but I thought it was really funny.

I have started assessing places we frequent based on their bathrooms. As a woman who goes to every bathroom in the Holly Springs/Apex/Cary area, I have really done investigative research. I think I could probably do an article on bathrooms. I assess based on cleanliness, toilet paper refilled, paper towels or hand dryers (I loathe hand dryers), paper towels refilled, soap quality, auto or manual features, and just overall feel. I am a crazy person I know. I think of these things. If you see me with a clipboard, you will know I have officially lost it.

It's the fun of being pregnant, being able to laugh at yourself and your quirks. I love this journey, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and it is fun to share it with my husband and blog followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment