Friday, May 21, 2010

16 Week Survey

How Far Along? 16 weeks

Maternity Clothes? Oh yeah. I am slowly outgrowing a few of the things that I bought early on. I found a maternity bathing suit yesterday. I am praying it will work for the rest of the summer. I joked with Lee that if it doesn't, it probably means I shouldn't be in one anymore. ;)

Stretch Marks? Not too bad yet. I have some from last time. I am just hoping that they don't get too bad.

Sleep? In another post I talked about how I am now sleeping on the couch. It is the right blend of firm and soft and molds to my body more than our firmer bed. Plus I can snuggle into the back of it. I don't have to worry about moving around too much or Lee hitting me in my sleep. I hate not sleeping with Lee, but I really love sleeping really well. On the couch I only have to get up to go to the bathroom, not too many aches and pains. Plus in the morning Luke will play and watch cartoons and let me sleep a little later.

Best Moment of the Week? My mother and sister-in-law got the babies their first official presents - the cutest bibs from NYC. It was neat getting something for twins that were kind of matchy. It made it feel more real.

Genders? We don't know yet. Again, I am hoping we find out at our 17 week appointment, but we aren't scheduled for an ultrasound at that appointment. I will schedule there for the soonest possible appointment. I can't wait to find out. I still think two girls (especially when I think about them both having 165 heartbeats at 12 weeks). I told Lee if it isn't two girls I would go one of each, but I really believe A is a girl. B could be a boy. My only hunch is the size difference and my cravings have changed, but I still think two girls. I can't wait to find out. It doesn't matter either way, but it is fun to try to guess.

Belly Button In or Out? In

Cravings? Water, Apples, Bananas, Smoothies, Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Homemade Hearty Meals, Pizza (this week I bought potato chips and ranch dip - I ate them way too fast so they aren't allowed back in the house)

What I Miss? Sleeping with Lee, being comfortable, going to the bathroom a normal amount, running around after Luke (after about 30 minutes of chasing him on his bike or 4-wheeler and I am done).

What I Love? Carrying these two precious miracles from God (I can't believe how much He has blessed us with), eating without guilt, sleeping without guilt, putting my feet up and letting others help me out more, and spending time with Luke (we are hanging out and doing more mommy-Luke time than we had before).

What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? Going through baby stuff, eating, resting, sleeping, and growing the babies. And my 17 week check-up next Friday (even though that is technicall next week). And we are going to the beach for Memorial Day (Lee is taking a 4 day weekend).

Milestones? Hitting 4 months today. It seems like we are all of a sudden far along. In two weeks, we will hit the halfway point. Crazy!

Feeling the Babies Move? Yes. More all the time. It's awesome!

Other Thoughts? I am learning to let go of my anal standards of cleanliness and organization (not that my house has become a pit, but I am not so worried about keeping everything immaculate). I am also learning to be more flexible with my time and just enjoying a lot of time with Luke (if we want to do school, we do school; if we want to color, we color). It's nice. We aren't going all the time and I actually am enjoying being at home more (which is probably good because with two newborns and recovering from surgery and lack of sleep, we probably will be at home a lot this winter). I am also learning to let Lee help me. As a full-time wife, mom, and homemaker I generally do everything around the house and I am letting him help me more. It's really freeing and probably a good thing since we will be having help this Fall and I will have to surrender to others which is hard for me.

Prayer Requests? Again, please just lift up the babies' and my health for the pregnancy, delivery, and recovery. Also pray for our family as we adjust to having two more people in our family.

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY, HONOR, AND PRAISE FOR THIS AMAZING BLESSING FROM ABOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment