Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Overcome with Hormones, Emotions, and Thankfulness

Maybe it's the hormones, maybe it's the fact that I am normally an emotional person, or maybe it's the overwhelming feeling of how awesome God is and how he orchestrates everything perfectly in my life according to His plan and His will. I don't know, but I do know that I can cry at the drop of a hat. It's not just tears but a complete feeling that overcomes me and I can't control the tears.

A few stories:

Friday night Lee and I were driving home from our date night and were talking about stuff and for some reason it really hit me that after the babies are born, Luke will turn 5 within just a couple of months. I have said it a million times, "I'll have a 5 year old with two newborns," but for some reason it just really hit me and I cried like a baby. I couldn't stop. Why do they have to grow up so fast? I have spent nearly everyday of his life with him nearly all day each day and I have enjoyed all the moments I have had with him, but it still feels like he cannot be turning 5. He needs to stop growing up on me.

Sunday morning we had an evangelist come to our church and he taught the gospel in a very neat way. At the end he did an altar call. I normally just sing and pray that others will go down that need to. This time I began crying and felt the Lord telling me to really pray for the babies. I put my hand on my belly and lifted them up from today in my womb to their birth and life and future and even their future spouses. I prayed that they would walk with the Lord and love Him everyday of their lives. I couldn't stop crying. It was one of the most intense prayers of my life. I was completely overcome with God's presence in my life and the lives of my babies.

I cry when I watch anything sappy on TV or movies. I cry when I think about how blessed we are. God is soooooo amazing! Our family and friends are so amazing! I can't even count all of my blessings as they are immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment